22Jan
Anyone Want To Beta Test Scorpio?

Here is your opportunity to apply to join the Scorpio prerelease program.

• narayan

I am planning to CF 7.x certification and I Have ordered http://www.forta.com/books/0321330110/ in Amazon, should I wait till Scorpio release or is it worth preparing CF7.x certification itself ?

Narayan

#1Posted by narayan | Jan 22, 2007, 07:17 PM
  • Ryan Favro

Narayan,

Typically employers that would require such certification don't migrate to new releases of CF or any other software right away. If you need your certifcation now then get it now, it should be valid for a while to come.

• Alexander Tsoukias

When I login for the prerelease with my existing account i have for Fireworks 9 beta 3, i dont see any option to apply or download scorpio... common don't play with us in this matter... we would kill for scorpio right now!!!! please advise!

#3Posted by Alexander Tsoukias | Jan 23, 2007, 05:16 AM

Alexander, you won't see a download optioon, but you will be able to apply to download.

#4Posted by Ben Forta | Jan 23, 2007, 08:49 AM
  • Tero Pikala

I tried that as well but didn't notice way to request beta access.

#5Posted by Tero Pikala | Jan 23, 2007, 09:52 AM
  • Gary Fenton

I entrolled from new and also can't see a way to apply to download a beta. It's a dead end with links to edit personal info and add computer profiles but that's all.

Adobe need to update their web app because I couldn't find any job roles for programming and the computer profiles only give options for desktop or laptop - no server option.

#6Posted by Gary Fenton | Jan 23, 2007, 10:47 AM
  • Demian

I also couldn't find a link to sign up for the beta once I logged in... could it be possible that you are applying just by following the link and logging in?

If so it sure would be nice if the page told you that.

#7Posted by Demian | Jan 23, 2007, 10:49 AM
  • Alan Dix

Same thing here Ben, your link leads to a log-in/create user page for me. I am already a user for the Contribute pre-release program, and I see no links or opportunities to join the Scorpio party.

#8Posted by Alan Dix | Jan 23, 2007, 11:35 AM

I just tried it and it worked fine for me. I created a new user account, and after the sign up I was presented with an option to sign up for the Scorpio beta. Then I signed in with an existing account and was presented with an option to sign up for the Scorpio beta. I have no idea why it's not working for you, but will report it. Sorry.

#9Posted by Ben Forta | Jan 23, 2007, 12:39 PM
  • Demian

Well it would appear someone fixed something! :-) I just tried and I got the survey this time.

Also I had a coworker who created a new account try again, and now he sees "Scorpio Prerelease Program" on the home page, where he didn't before.

#10Posted by Demian | Jan 23, 2007, 12:53 PM
  • pan69

Hi Ben,

Do you happen to know if we can expect a public beta for the next version of JRun anytime soon?

#11Posted by pan69 | Jan 23, 2007, 03:59 PM

Pan, there is no JRun beta right now that I am aware of. Last one was back in May http://www.forta.com/blog/index.cfm/2006/5/2/New-J....

#12Posted by Ben Forta | Jan 24, 2007, 08:08 AM
  • Ari Fernelius

I had trouble signing in with FireFox. After username and password prompt it just took a while, until some server-side session validation error appeared. With MSIE it worked fine. Any software security suites were disabled. Quite possibly some temporary glitch, since it has worked for me before.

Really hope I get into the beta, since I think I was too honest with the approximate test hours per week selection. And there wasn't "Over 10 years" (of experience) or [x] I'm a software quality consultant by profession - selections available to compensate that anywhere. ;-)

#13Posted by Ari Fernelius | Jan 24, 2007, 10:08 AM
  • gabriel bulfon

I apply just a few second later you post the news. I receive the adobe mail but i can't download beta yet. How long takes the authorization process? I appreciate any helps. I want scorpio in my box.
    TIA

gabriel

• Andrew Price

Anyone have any idea of when the new version of Coldfusion will be released.

Even just a ball park figure.

Cheers